Friday, November 16, 2012

What I'm Loving...

I have yet to focus!  So, I decided to call this post "What I'm Loving" and throw everything into it.  Maybe next week I'll be back on track...except Thanksgiving is next week so I wouldn't count on it. lol!

1.  Pumpkin Spice Kefir.  OMG this stuff is good!  I was walking around Georgetown Market and saw this on sale so decided to give it a try.  There's also a Gingerbread flavor that I'm thinking will be perfect to enjoy once the tree's up!


2. Oatmeal.  If there's a better breakfast I've yet to find it!  And last time at the grocery I found frozen cherries in the frozen fruit area.  Cherries + Chocolate = Happiness!

3. Omelette fails.  I've made exactly one successful omelette in my life.  BUT a veggie omelette failure makes the BEST Egg-Veggie scramble.  On days when I know lunch will be lacking in the veggies these scrambles are awesome.

4.  Pumpkin Seeds.  Remember how I joined Kai's class trip to the apple orchard/pumpkin patch?  Did I even talk about that?  Anyway, we (I'm being nice there - I did all the work because Little Miss Clean Hands WILL NOT touch pumpkin gut) carved a turkey into the side of a pumpkin and then roasted the seeds.  I just love having roasted pumpkin seeds to munch on. :)


5. Popcorn Snack.  I was at Walgreens and saw that they had a bag of dried fruit - peaches, pears, prunes, apricots...  So I bought it and mixed some dried fruit with plain popcorn, nutritional yeast, and pecans.  Oh. So. Good.   

6.  Chocolate.  On the third I joined some girlfriends for a Chocolate Walk to benefit the Humane Society in Brown County.  32 stops with samples of chocolate.  2 wine tastings.  I'm pretty sure I would have had to walk HOME to burn off all the treats but who cares!  It's delicious and basically trick or treating for adults!
Options!!!

There was even an option for dogs (frodo got a treat)

Ice Cream & Hot Cocoa were also tasted!
I came hope with a bag full of samples left over so all week we've been treating ourselves to fudge bites, cookie bites, brownie bites, etc...  It's now all gone (except for a peppermint chocolate bar in the freezer that I'm saving for a TBD Christmas dessert).

7. Nachos.  They're still a go to meal in this house hold.  I tried toasting the chips with some cheese.  It was ok but I don't know that it was necessary.

Frozen Corn + Cooked Black Beans + Lime Juice = an excellent topper!

Oh Nacho Bar... I love you. :)

You make the BEST plates!

Even Kai loves you!!

8.  Frozen Yogurt.  Kai and I had Frozen Yogurt for dinner last night!  I took her to get her hair cut but the Cookie-Cutters I usually go to closed in April (who knew?), so I drove up to a different one.  That one had an hour wait!!  So Kai and I took the 5:30 appt and decided to waste some time by driving a few blocks down to YoJoy where we had 2 coupons for a free cup!  That became our dinner.  Then we walked around Target and bought Apple Pears/Asian Pears to round our meal out.  Some times you just have to smile and enjoy the little things.  Eventually we headed back and Kai got her hair cut off - now she is rocking a short little bob and is super excited.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment