Thursday, November 8, 2012

Cauliflower Soup

How do you feel about creamy potato soup?  

Well this soup has all the same notes but no potatoes or cream.  I saw a Cauliflower Soup on line yesterday and thought, "Ah-Ha! A use for the head of cauliflower in the fridge!"  :) 


The base of the soup has 4 ingredients... Onion, Garlic, Cauliflower, & Veggie Broth.

I started by sauteing 1/2 an onion.

Then I added a BIG pile of minced garlic.

Then I added about 3/4 Head of Cauliflower.

And broth.

Topped with a lid and let simmer for about 40 minutes.

Once the Cauliflower was soft I removed the lid...

And used the immersion blender...
(or you could carefully pour it into a blender)

Until it was nice and smooth.

Once in a bowl I decided I needed some protein...

So I topped my soup with some cooked quiona (I try and make a large batch to keep in the fridge and use through out the week) and some nutritional yeast. :)

And then I dug in...

The batch was enough for a bowl for lunch and then a bowl for dinner.  At dinner I added some left over veggies in addition to the quinoa and nutritional yeast.  It was REALLY good.  I'm going to have to add this into my soup rotation.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds/looks delicious! I always loved the garlic smashed cauliflower at Ruby Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever actually had it, but I bet that would be easy to make - just nuke or steam your cauliflower then stir it with some minced garlic. Something to try! :)

      Delete