Monday, November 12, 2012

Breakfasts

Last week was CRAZY!  On Monday I subbed at Kai's school, on Tuesday I joined Kai's class field trip, on Wednesday I ran errands which included getting the oil changed in my car (which took an hour!), on Thursday I joined my cousin for my second spin class, on Friday I subbed again and then on Saturday I joined some girl friends for the "Chocolate Walk" in Brown County.  That was all in addition to my normal day-to-day activities of working and keeping house. :)

Because of my odd schedule everything's a bit of a jumble from last week.  So rather than trying to recap I thought I'd just focus on our breakfasts.  

We had oatmeal nearly everyday.  It's a favorite of both Kai and mine. :)

For the most part mine were topped with PB2 (or peanut butter), Dark Chocolate "BetterStevia" (or you could use cocoa powder & sweetener) and Coconut Manna (or coconut butter..not oil)


Kai always likes hers with frozen fruit (bonus, it cools the hot oats)...


Now on days when I know we're going to have veggie-lite lunches I like to try to pack them into our breakfast, which doesn't work well with the oatmeal.  Instead I make veggie egg cups...

I start by nuking some frozen veggies...

Then, if I have some made up, I put quinoa in the bottom of some ramekins   (I do like to make a batch of quinoa early in the week and then just add it to meals throughout the week for added protein)

Top that with the defrosted veggies...

Whisk a couple of eggs and pour them over the veggies & quiona...

Then, since I'm always running late in the mornings and baking takes way too long, I microwave it until the egg is set 1-2 minutes....

Kai topped hers with cheese and I used Nutritional Yeast.

And that's how we do breakfast!  :)

 




No comments:

Post a Comment