Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Tuesday's Eats

Yesterday 's breakfast was made because I was running late.  I looked at the clock and all of a sudden it was 7:30!  I take Kai to school at 7:45.  She had eaten (Cereal with milk and a side of apple sauce) and was dressed so all I needed was something quick for myself.

When in doubt nuke an egg! :)

I put 1 egg, a splash of almond milk and some spinach in a small bowl and microwaved it for a minute twenty and then topped it with nutritional yeast, salsa and sunflower seeds.


Salsa makes everything better. :)

Later I had an apple for a snack.  I've been on such an apple kick lately and now we're almost out.  Perhaps I'll make a run to the market today. :)

And then it was time for lunch.  I made myself a salad of spinach, cucumber, carrots, sweet pepper, tomatoes, nutritional yeast, flax seed, sunflower seeds and balsamic vinaigrette.

...and as a side I toasted burnt a slice of Ezekiel Bread with a slice of Gouda cheese.

Gouda cheese is my FAVORITE.  So yummy!!


Once the Hubs was home from work we decided on dinner.  It was finally time to make those quesadillas he's been wanting.  I made up a "fillings" bar and we got to work..

Jalapeno Pepper, Salsa (home made & store bought), Black Beans, Cucumber, Pulled Chicken, Sweet Pepper, Spinach, Corn, Nutritional Yeast and Cheese.

 The Hub's Quesadillas were just chicken, jalapeno & cheese... So boring!

Kai's was cheese, cucumber, sweet pepper, spinach chicken, nutritional yeast and some snuck in beans - then topped with avocado. :)
Plus a side of chips, greek yogurt and cinnamon + raisin unsweetened applesauce.

 I took all the left overs (no chicken or jalapeno) and dumped it into a bowl to make a salad/chip dip.

And I'm fully admitting that I have a tortilla chip addiction.  I cannot stop myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment