Thursday, August 23, 2012

Make it French

For breakfast yesterday Kai wanted to go International.... French Toast! :)

I scrambled an egg, Cinnamon and a splash of almond milk on a plate...



 Then dropped a slice of whole grain bread on top of it.

 Then flipped the bread over so it soaked up ALL the egg mixture.

Then cooked each side on the griddle.

In addition to the French toast she wanted Cheerios, Syrup (I use agave nectar) and (Greek) yogurt with some butterscotch chips.  ...Oh and 2 crackers.  The girl was HUNGRY!

I on the other hand had a delicious smoothie.  I didn't get a picture of it, but honestly, I've posted plenty of pictures of smoothies.  In it was oats, flax seed, chia seeds, kale, banana, blueberries and peach.  YUMMY!

For lunch I made up one of my "summer salads".  Spinach, nutritional yeast, flax seed, TVP, Green Pepper, Cucumber, Blueberries, Almonds, Feta and some Balsamic Vinaigrette. 

The Hubs was planning on Brats for dinner so Kai and I had....
Roasted Kale Chips, Roasted Snap Peas, a Hard Boiled Egg, Nuked Sweet Potato, Jam and some bread my mom had made.
Those are the pretend "cupcakes" she made for dessert on the little pan. :)


Then as the night rolled on I tuned into Netflix to watch my new favorite show... The Adventures of Merlin.  The King is Giles from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and I'm pretty sure the voice of the Dragon is the guy who sells wands in the Harry Potter movies (sorry, I know no one's true name).  It reminds me a lot of the TV movie Merlin... which is still one of the best TV Movies of all time!

Anyway, as I watch the show I chowed down on a bowl of Pumpkin topped with almond milk, cinnamon, raisins and pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment