Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Mac & Cheese, Slaw, Yogurt & Cleaning

Yesterday I drove up and worked in our office.  Well, I tried to work but the phones and internet went down so instead we cleaned.  I suppose we should clean every so often anyway. :)

Once the cleaning got down right boring we headed out for lunch.  There's a NEW Frozen Yogurt place that's OFF campus!  As much as I love my Boilermakers, there's something about not having to deal with students that makes every meal more enjoyable. :)


And after filling my cup with Coconut, Black Cherry & Chocolate Fro-yo and assorted toppings I discovered that this place had Nutella on tap!! 

Very Yummy!  But two of us were still hungry so before heading back to the office to meet up with the internet guy we stopped and bought some sandwiches...

I got the Veggie which came with chips and salsa.  Usually I love this place but my sandwich tasted oily this time (not sure why) and the chips were stale.  :(

 The left overs from lunch became dinner (yes, I ate it even though at lunch it wasn't the best).  I also ate the last of our cantaloupe and some left over slaw (I'll get to that in a bit)...


Oh, and for breakfast I had a smoothie....

Now, there reason there was no post yesterday was because, as I said earlier, I went to the office and had no internet.   That does tend to dampen my ability to post. :)

But I do want to share Monday's dinner with you since I actually MADE something.

It started with a bag of Broccoli Slaw I bought.  I love using this for Coleslaw when I don't have cabbage to shred myself. 

In a bowl I mixed Olive Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Raw Honey and Dijon to taste.


 Then I added the slaw, stirred it all together and let it sit in the fridge for a few hours.


In the mean time Kai had been going on and on about wanting Mac & Cheese.  Sometimes I just give in. :)

In my blender went some cooked cauliflower, shredded cheese, nutritional yeast and some almond milk.


Then I just stirred the "Cheese Sauce" into some cooked noodles:

My final plate was a bed of spinach topped with slaw, a left over black bean burger and some avocado.  Plus two ears of grilled corn.

While Kai had her Mac & Cheese with some Avocado on top.

Yes, I made 2 completely different meals for us but sometimes that's just life. :)

2 comments:

  1. I had to read this post twice because I forgot everything after the phrase "nutella on tap". :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have been there. The lady was listing their topping and just slipped in nutella, blah, blah (I don't know what she said after it exactly). Then she kept going on and on about how they have hot fudge. She clearly did not have her priorities straight. :)

    ReplyDelete