Friday, April 13, 2012

Hummus Pizza? Yes Please!

I told you that last night I had actually pre-planned dinner.  That was a HUGE step.  Everything's been put together last minute for the last couple weeks so the fact that I thought ahead meant a lot to me...If not to anyone else.  :)

I decided to make a hummus pizza!  Does that exist?  Sure!  Why not? :)

I started by making a half batch of pizza dough.


Well, I actually started by making a batch of Basil Lime Hummus.  It's been my favorite lately, if you can't tell. :)
1 Can Chickpeas, Lime Juice, Basil, Tahini, and Olive Oil...pureed in the Ninja until smooth then popped into the fridge to chill. 


Once the dough had risen and dinner time was approaching I decided to get the rest of the toppings made up...


About 1/3 Chopped Cucumber
 Chopped Tomato
3 Mini Sweet Peppers 
 1/3 Chopped Red Onion

Plus 1/2 an Avocado and a spoonful of minced garlic...all stirred together into a bowl.
Now that's a pretty group of colors!


 I rolled the pizza dough out into a big rectangle (if you have a silicone mat it makes this so much easier)...

 Then put it on a hot grill.  Our grill gets REALLY hot so I cook everything on the lowest setting. 


 After about 5 minutes I flipped the dough over so that the top was a little toasted without being fully cooked.

Then I spread the Basil Lime Hummus I made on top.

And added the bowl of toppings!

Plus a sprinkling of Feta Cheese and a spray of Olive Oil.

Then I shut the lid of the grill and let it finish cooking for about 5-10 more minutes.

I brought it in and sliced it up!

And yes, we ate off paper plates.  It may not be very green but I JUST got my kitchen all cleaned up! lol!

2 comments:

  1. That pizza looks AMAZING!!! I am so going to try that sometime. And a couple of days ago I followed your instructions and made my own batch of humus. It was fabulous and now I'm completely hooked. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could live on hummus! And once you start experimenting with flavors you'll never stop! :)

      Delete