Monday, March 26, 2012

The Wisteria is Growing!!

Look at that...

 That would be my Wisteria growing!!!!!  One of the things I LOVED about our house was this big Wisteria bush/tree/overgrown-mess that was just outside our bedroom window.  When we decided to build our deck I tried and tried to figure out a way to keep it but in the end there was just no way to make room for it.  I was more than a little sad.  We even tried to move it but the root ball was way too big for our amateur skills. :(


Then a year or two ago a pretty significant vine started growing up our fence.  I didn't think much of it but one of the little branches bloomed a little purple flower.  I. WENT. NUTS.  My Wisteria had somehow survived.  I guess it's a pretty strong little plant!  So last year I didn't cut any of it back.  I wanted to see what would happen.  And this my friends is what I now have...



That's not in full bloom but it's already so pretty.  I'm in heaven! :D

On a totally different note this week is Kai's Spring Break....Which means I have no time off.  lol!

If I don't blog at night it's just not going to happen.  So I'm going to try, but I may be a little more MIA this week than usual.   I thought I'd go ahead and give you all a heads up, since I know the majority of you just sit and stare at your computers waiting for my posts to pop up.  -just kidding...or am I? :)

Breakfast this morning was fruit nachos!  I definitely think they're prettier when you have strawberries to top them with but these were tasty non-the-less.  Apple & Pear slices topped with raisins, chia seeds, flax seed, cinnamon, shredded coconut, pumpkin seeds, rolled oats and Raw Wildflower Honey.

 MMMMM, that's a tasty mess!
 As lunch time rolled around and I realized my Almond Butter jar was pretty much as empty as it could get so I decided to make up some Hummus.  
 1 can of Chickpeas, 2 T Lime Juice, 2 T Tahini, Drizzle of Olive Oil and a whole lot of dried basil...Blended until smooth.
 Once I had the Hummus made up, wraps seemed like the next step...
 That would be Hummus, Carrots, Sweet Pepper, Tomato, Spinach, Mushrooms and Greek Yogurt.  I actually drained the yogurt to the point of almost being a cheese it was so thick...And I LOVED it!



After lunch I whipped up a slip cover for our ottoman.  We bought a new rug over the weekend (the old one had passed the point of dirty and was in gross-mode)  so our red ottoman didn't fit in quite so well.  The plan was to cover it in brown but I didn't have enough brown material so instead I picked a bright yellow...Hey, it's spring.  I like it.  The Hubs said, "Yellow...That's Interesting", i.e. I HATE that color.  BUT he's agreed it fits in with Easter so we're going to leave it for at least two weeks. lol!

 Dinner once again was thrown together, but this time it wasn't my fault.  I took Frodo for his 2 week follow-up and the vet was running REALLY behind.  We were there for an hour and a half for a 20 minute check up.  It turns out he's not improved as much as she'd like and she's worried he messed up his knee.  We're going to give him another two weeks and if he doesn't improve he's going to get sedated and get an x-ray. :(


Anyway, when we got home Kai wanted a Jelly Sandwich so that's what she got, plus a banana and then a hard boiled egg.


I roasted some cabbage, onion & brussel sprouts at 475 for 30 minutes...
 and then topped them with some nutritional yeast.
 That was followed up with the last hard boiled egg for some protein. :)


Now I'm just watching the Pacers whoop the Heat while I snack on some popcorn, raisins, pumpkin seeds and nutritional yeast. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment