Monday, January 9, 2012

What a weekend!

It's Monday and our house is in, what the Hubs calls, Grinch Mode.  The Christmas decorations are all down and put away and all that's left on on our walls are hooks and some wire...


So while I'm busy re-decorating our walls, I thought we could do a quick review of my weekends activities & eats. :)

I roasted a butternut squash.  There are lots of ways to cook butternut but the easiest is to put it whole into your oven at 425 and let it roast for about 60 minutes, until it's soft.  Then the skin just peals right off and you can scoop out the seed parts.  MUCH easier than trying to cut it before cooking, or trying to peal it - which I've NEVER been good at. :)


I at the mashed butternut with chia seeds and granola. :)


Kai and I also decided to make a protein dip.  Into the blender went:
1 can drain & rinsed chickpeas
1/2 small container of Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt
Approximately 1.5 T Almond Butter

That was blended until smooth and we've been dipping Annie's Honey Gram Bunnies, a piece of chocolate, spoons and fingers into the jar ever since! 


While I blended the dip, Kai grabbed the yogurt and finished it off!


We also stopped at Walgreens at one point and Kai saw these candy coated almonds that she HAD to have.  I gave in and bought them for her.  After trying to eat a few she decided they're too hard.  I have a feeling this bag will be sitting in our pantry until I decide it needs cleaned out!


Snacks we enjoyed more included apples, pears, oranges, bananas and grapefruit! :)


I also pulled out my good friend, Wolfgang, again to make Kai some Mac & Cheese.


Into the pot went 1/2 C noodles and 2/3 C water.  Once it finished cooking and the switch went to "warm" I opened it up and added a splash of milk, some Cheddar Jack, some Mozzarella and some Nutritional Yeast.


She at almost all of her meal - the mac & cheese and Annie's Bunny Grams with the Protein Dip.


We also ate out...

At Moe's I got the Rupert (aka Veggie Nachos) topped with rice, black beans, lettuce, Pico, Corn Salsa, Black Bean Salsa, and a half serving of Queso.  Mmmm, I do love Moe's. :)


There was also a trip to the Ram in downtown Indy.  A group of us went to a Pacer game (sorry, the pics are on the Hub's phone) so before the game we decided to eat.  I wanted to try California Pizza Kitchen but the Hubs LOVES the Ram so the rest of us gave in and went there.  The food is good so it's not a real sacrifice. :)

I got a Veggie burger which was delish!  With a side of Ram Chips.  I was expecting chips similar to BW3 - a little more potato-y (word??) but these were like actual chips.  I wound up dipping them in BBQ Sauce and cleaned my plate!

Half eaten...hey, it's better than no pic at all! :)
I also roasted quite a bit of veggies this weekend.  I LOVE roasted veggies.  It's almost the quintessential winter meal. :)
425° for 45-60 minutes


And finally for dinner last night we pulled out Wolfgang again!  Kai and I split 1/4 C Quinoa, 1/4 C Cous-cous and 1 C water combined with California Mix veggies and Kale and then topped with nutritional yeast and tomatoes.  Plus we had a side of Smore!


The Hubs had a Burger (Thanks to good ol' George Forman) and a side of roasted potatoes... which I ate some of too!



No comments:

Post a Comment