Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Brussels Sprout & Kale Salad

Ok, I'm just going to quickly go through the motions until we get to lunch.  Lunch was a salad that surprised me.  I was making a salad, and I like salads, but this was something else.  Somehow it was better than just a salad.  It was a Super Salad. :)

Breakfast:  Oatmeal topped with chia seeds, flax seed, cinnamon, frozen peaches, pomegranate, banana, coconut whip and sunflower seeds.


Pre-lunch Sneaked Snack: A banana
  


 Even Frodo's puppy dog eyes couldn't get her to share the last banana! 


Lunch:  Brussels Sprout & Kale Salad... aka "the OMG, how is this the first time I've ever made this salad?!? Super Salad"  (OK, Kai wouldn't try it so she had mixed veggies with edamame, an orange, a jelly sandwich and then finally a hard boiled egg)

Brussels Sprout & Kale Salad
6 raw Brussels Sprouts - chopped
2 Large Kale leaves - destemmed & chopped
Handful of Sprouts (mine was a mix of alfalfa and others but I can't remember what seeds they were - I poured them into a ziplock for storage without saving the "card")
1/8 C Sunflower Seeds
1/4 C Shelled Edamame
Dressing:  2 T Lime Juice, 1/2 T Maple Syrup, 1 T Olive Oil, 1/2 t Dijon Mustard

Mix all the brussels sprouts, kale, sprouts and sunflower seeds together. 
Whisk the dressing ingredients until combined.
Pour dressing over salad and, using your clean hands, massage the salad so that the lime juice in the dressing softens the Kale (maybe a minute or so).
Add your Edamame (This was a last minute decision so give my salad a little protein)

That's it.  I'm telling you, this salad was SERIOUSLY good. :)

chop sprouts

mix your salad

whisk your dressing

massage your salad, add the edamame & eat

Dinner:  I had the last of the lasagna.

FYI: That's a Dinner Plate full of lasagna!!
AND I ate it all.
I really think this is one of my  new favorite meals -
YOU HAVE TO TRY IT!

Kai had a hard boiled egg, some sweet pepper, 1/2 a pulled (plain) chicken sandwich and some left over rice from their dinner yesterday.

Hmmm, what will I eat first?
(answer: the egg - the girl LOVE H.B. Eggs)

The Hubs had a BW3s Wild Sauce Pulled chicken sandwich and rice.

He was so annoyed at me taking a photo
when he was getting ready to eat but he smiled through it. lol!
Dessert: soft serve...again.  Hey, if I can't go get Frozen Yogurt this is the next best thing!!


Last night's flavor was Chocolate (carob powder) Peanut Butter (Archer Farms PB with Flax Seed) along with the standard frozen banana and a splash of almond milk.




And then I topped it with cinnamon & raisins.


No comments:

Post a Comment