Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tempeh Stew

Yesterday was another Christmas project. :)

If it won't snow, then I guess we'll have to fake it!

What's that I see in the window...is it snow falling?
After seeing a window display on-line with faux-snow cotton balls I knew we had to do it too.  It was a VERY easy project, although about 2 strands in Kai got bored and I was left to finish on my own.    :(

It was as simple as using a needle and thread to string full size, 1/2 size and 1/3 size cotton balls (I just used scissors to cut them in half/thirds).  Then I just tied them along our curtain rod. :)
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
I also wanted to share with you the Beef Tempeh Stew I made Tuesday night.  Yes, this is a stew.  It stewed in the oven for about 2 hours... That makes it a stew. :)

Something about stewed carrots & potatoes are just so comforting on a cold night.


TEMPEH STEW
1/2 Onion - Quartered
4 Red Potatoes - Quartered
20 Baby Carrots - Cut in half
Mushrooms - I used pre-sliced
3 T Tomato Paste
1 C Veggie Broth
1/4 C Wine / Grape Juice / Veggie Broth
1 Package Tempeh (8oz) cubed

Mix everything but the tempeh together in an oven safe dish.  Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350° for 1-2 hours.  Add the tempeh to the stew and recover.  Bake another 30 minutes.

And that's all there is to it.  A nice hearty dish for the middle of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment