Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Teacher Gifts

Today is the last day of Kai's very first semester of school!  Can you believe that?!?  Time's going so fast!


As a Thank You to her teachers who brought her from leaving me in tears to being excited to go to class, we put together a little Christmas goodies gift - Gingerbread Truffles and Gingerbread Granola (I hope they like Gingerbread as much as I do!).  Plus there's one of Kai's homemade ornaments. :)


I originally saw the Gingerbread Truffles on Glamour.com of all places!  The minute I saw a combo of dates and gingerbread seasoning I was sold.  After making a batch and getting the thumbs up from the Hubs (who said it tastes just like cookie dough) I knew I had to make them for Kai's teachers.


GINGERBREAD TRUFFLES
1 C Dates 
2 T Molasses
1 t Ground Cinnamon
3/4 t Ground Ginger
1/2 t Ground Cloves
2/3 C Rolled Oats + more for coating


In your food processor (I used my Ninja) pulse the dates so that they're nice and chopped.
Add the Molasses and spices and blend.
Add 2/3C oats and pulse some more so that everything is well incorporated.
Using wet hands make into bite size balls and roll in oats.
Set into mini cupcake liners and you've got a cute delicious treat!


Everything blended together
Rolled into balls
Rolled in oats
Ready to Gift. :)

The other treat I made was some Gingerbread Granola.  I actually made it twice because I over cooked it the first time.  It was still edible but not really giftable :)  So a second batch was made and I'll just have to live with having an entire batch for myself (Merry Christmas to me!).

GINGERBREAD GRANOLA
1/3 C Molasses
2 T Coconut oil (warmed so that it's liquid)
1 t Ground Cinnamon
3/4 t Ground Ginger
1/4 t Ground Clove
3 C Rolled Oats
1 C Chopped Pecans*
1/4 C Chopped Cashews*
1/2 C Raisins *


* Optional Ingredients:  Favorite Nuts, Shredded Coconut, Dried Fruit


Preheat oven to 325°.
Whisk together the Molasses, Coconut Oil and spices.
Stir in the Oats, Nuts and Coconut.
Spread on a cookie sheet and bake for 21-30 minutes stirring frequently (I set my timer for 7 minutes then stir then reset the timer & stir, etc...)
Once it's golden take it out and let it cool.  Stir in your dried fruit.
Enjoy on top of yogurt, in a bowl with milk, or even on top of a bowl of pumpkin puree! :)


Nice and Crispy

A little ribbon and a Snowflake Sticker says,
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment