Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree (pancake) ...

Remember all the fun we had with pancakes for Halloween?  Well we've decided to put a Christmas twist on our pancakes since there's only a few days left....


Isn't it cute??  A little Christmas Tree to start our day off right. :)

CHRISTMAS TREE PANCAKE
makes 2 large trees

1/3 C Oats
1/3 C Cottage Cheese
1 Egg
Large Handful of Spinach (makes it green!)
2 T Ground Flax Seed
1 t Baking Soda
2 t Baking Powder
Almond Milk to think it out

Blend everything together - adding almond milk slowly to get it to a batter consistency.
Pour on a hot griddle: 2 LARGE triangle shapes and 2 vertical "tree trunk" shapes.
When you see bubbles flip them over (just like cooking normal pancakes)
When the 2nd side is done cooking plate your tree and start to decorate...
I used a banana and assorted berries.

I actually make pancakes this morning because we were not running late for the first time in about two weeks!  It felt like we were back in our groove...for the last day of school.  I'm guessing now that she can sleep in she'll be up a 6 every morning. lol!

Lunch was at Kai's school Christmas Feast.  I talked to her table leader after the meal and she told me Kai drank her Chocolate Milk, ate 1/2 a Chocolate Chip Cookie and then had 1/2 a Cupcake!!!  She wasn't interested in eating her salad, green beans, mashed potatoes or ham... Go figure!

Her table theme was Happy New Year!
When we got home Kai and I split a banana and a sweet potato before hitting the hot tub for a winter swim. Sometimes our life is so hard. :P

For dinner the Hubs said he wanted Salmon.  We had exactly 2 individually frozen pieces in our freezer which turned out to be the perfect amount. 

I started by whisking together some Dijon Mustard, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar and some Caraway Seeds.


Then I spread that on the mostly thawed Salmon and put that in a preheated oven (375°) for 25-30 minutes.


For sides I also heated up some frozen California Veggie Mix, some 90 second rice and I roasted some Kale Chips (mixed with Olive Oil and a pinch of salt) at 425° for 10 minutes.


Doesn't that plate look like such a grown up meal?  Sometimes I feel like a real adult. :)

For dessert I enjoyed a Gingerbread Truffle and some left over Frozen Yogurt that my WONDERFUL neighbor brought me since she knows how much I love the stuff.   I think Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment