Monday, December 12, 2011

Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake

Guess what we did Saturday?  We celebrated Great Granny's birthday with a family meal and then a trip to Christmas at the zoo. Sadly there was a Blogger Fail, and I didn't take any photos.  To be honest I didn't really think anyone was going to like the side dish I brought.  It was Brussels Sprouts and White Beans (from a can). I pretty much followed this recipe, using a can of Great Northern White Beans and a cup of Kraft Shredded Parmesan Romano and Asiago...and some Nutritional Yeast (of course!).  It turns out it was a BIG hit.  It had RAVE reviews.  I'll have to make it again sometime and take pictures. :)

Then Sunday was a Christmas shopping day.  We shopped for over 5 hours!!  That's dedicated. :)

AND I still have more to buy...And work to do...and presents to wrap...  I'm going to have to keep this quick!  :)

I also made a Gingerbread Oatmeal Bake for dessert last night & today's breakfast....

MMMM, it was good!

Perfect for refueling after a day of shopping.


GINGERBREAD OATMEAL BAKE
Makes 7-8 individual "bakes"

1/8 C Molasses
1/8 C Succant (or brown sugar)
1 Egg
3 t Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 C Almond Milk
2 C Old Fashion Oats

Pre-heat oven to 350°. Mix everything together and scoop into silicone cupcake/muffin molds (or into an oiled dish).  Bake for approximately 40 minutes.  Let cool (or they'll break apart when you remove them from the mold...not that I'd try and eat one straight out of the oven).

Frost with a bit of Ricemellow for a dessert or serve them with a side of fruit for breakfast.


No comments:

Post a Comment