Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Corn Soup

Wow, can you tell new TV has started.  I'm going to have to drop some shows if I'm going to keep up with everything!  Some of the new shows I've watched are the New Girl, it's still finding it's groove but I'm really enjoying it; Pan Am, I'm not sure about this one yet...it was almost like there was too much they wanted to convey in the first episode; and Terra Nova.  I had no interest in Terra Nova (I saw Jurassic Park, how much more is there to tell, lol) but the Hub's wanted to watch it so I'm giving it a chance.  The first episode was OK...again there's a lot of ways it could go.   Are there any new shows any of you like?  Dislike?  Can't wait to see?  To be honest I'm dying to see Once Upon A Time, but that one doesn't start for a while yet. :(

Anyway, on to the food...

I made this a few days ago and never got around to posting about it.  I guess that's what happens when you take the weekend off.  But I loved how it turned out and even though it's a few days late I really think you'd enjoy it too. :)

CORN SOUP

1 small Onion
1/2 Bell Pepper -  I used an assortment of pre-cut/cleaned bell colors
4 Petite Potatoes
1/2 T Thyme
4 ears of corn - kernels cut off
2 Leaves of Kale - torn up and destemmed
Veggie Broth to thin out
1/2 can of corn - drained or corn from 4 more ears or frozen corn - what ever you have. :)
Handful of Chopped Cilantro

In a little Olive Oil - saute the onion, bells, potatoes & thyme until soft.
In a blender puree the kernels from 4 ears of corn.
Stir the corn puree & kale into the sauteed veggies.
Add Veggie Broth to the soup consistency you'd like - I like mine thick like a stew so I don't add much. :)
Stir in your corn kernels & cilantro & let simmer until the flavors are all deliciously merged.

Saute

Puree

Blend it all together.

Enjoy!
And the best finish to any meal....

Fro-Yo!!

2 comments:

  1. failed :( I made two of your dishes yesterday. Both failed. First I made this soup. It would have been great if I hadn't decided to add a little pepper then dumped way too much in bc I thought I was on the shaker side not the poor side. Lorelei spit it out and started crying, Adelaide smelled it and started crying..sigh waste of delicious corn :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! Don't you just HATE that! Perfectly good ingredients and one little screw-up = waste. :(

    ReplyDelete